- The Japanese women's association in The Hague (Kazaguruma) began to take an interest in the care service of Japanese elderly living in the Netherlands.
- The appeal was made to the Japanese living in the Netherlands for the need of such a service through 'KAWARABAN', the journal of the Japanese Chamber of Commerce (issued Nov/Dec 2002, #176).
- In February 2003, Nichiran Silvernet was established with the help of volunteers who responded to the appeal. The organization was set up by four board members, with Drs. A. Millenaar and his wife, Mrs. Masako Iwasaki, as advisers. The consul of the Japanese Embassy at the time became the councillor.
- In September 2003, the first general meeting was held and the organization took a more formal form.
- In September 2004, the members increased in number.
- In April 2006, Nichiran Silvernet was registered as a foundation.
- In February 2008, Nichiran Silvernet celebrated its 5 year anniversary. A commemoration booklet was published.
- In August 2013, it held a party to celebrate Nichiran Silvernet's 10th anniversary. A commemoration booklet was published.
Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Nichiran Silvernet Foundation.All Rights Reserved.